Since 1996, the Czech National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) has been a regular member of the NARIC network of the states of the European Union and associated countries. The international NARIC network is co-ordinated by the European Commission through its Directorate- General of Education and Culture.
Deals with matters concerning recognition of diplomas gained abroad, with the aim of facilitating mobility and creating a space for collaboration in the field of education
- evaluates qualifications gained in the Czech Republic, for the requirements of the national information centres of the states of the European Union and other states with the aim of facilitating their recognition abroad;
- evaluates diplomas and other documentation on education gained abroad in terms of the level of education attained, at the request of competent recognition authorities in the Czech Republic;
- the higher education system in the Czech Republic;
- access to higher education institutions belonging to the Czech higher education system;
- accredited higher education study programmes;
- accredited higher education institutions subject to the national higher educational system;
- methods and results of evaluation of higher education institutions;
- procedural requirements and criteria for the recognition of qualifications in the Czech Republic.
- partners in NARICs
- applicants for recognition of higher education qualifications
- international organisations
- competent recognition authorities, i.e., higher education institutions, regional school authorities, and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport;
- other state administrative organs;
- professional organisations;
- NARICs in the NARIC network;
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport;
- higher education institutions;
- competent recognition authorities;
- Centre for Recognition of Qualifications.
- national and international projects in the field of higher education;
- preparing bilateral and multilateral agreements in the field of recognition of qualifications;
information materials on opportunities for studying at higher education institutions.
a database (in Czech language) with information about higher education institutions in the Czech Republic.
Centre for Higher Education Studies
U Dvou Srpů 2024/2,
150 00 Praha 5 - Smíchov
Tel.: +420 257 530 500, Fax: +420 257 531 672
StaffIng. Štěpánka Skuhrová
head of NARIC
methodology for evaluating higher education documentation, information about procedures for the recognition of foreign qualifications, information about the higher education system in the Czech Republic, evaluation of foreign diplomas
Language: English, Russian
Bc. Lucie Volmutová
information activities, administration and maintenance of database